cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzzaTalaat
Regular Visitor

In case of vacation

Dears,

What we  should do in case one of the approvals take a long vacation?

The flow will be held till this person return again or their any solution for that

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are two things built in to Flow that help with this scenario.

1. If the Approval was sent to someone BEFORE they go on vacation they can use the Flow website to reassign the approval to someone else before they leave.  Note: this can only be done by the user receiving the Approval.
  2. If the person left for vacation PRIOR to creating the Approval, you can have the Flow check to see if they have set their Out of Office message in Outlook.  If they have you can assign the Approval to someone else. Choosing how you assign the Approval is up to you.  You can send it to their manager, you can scan their OOO for an email address of the person taking over for them, you can maintain a SharePoint list of backups. I've used each of those strategies in different situations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

How can check to see if they have set their Out of Office message in Outlook? i.e what is the action or function name at flow that support that

And also how can I scan their OOO for an email address of the person taking over for them?

For the out of Office message there is an Outlook action called Get Mail tips.  The output of that action is the Out of Office message if it is set.  So if that returns Null then they aren't on vacation. If it returns something then that is the Out of Office message itself.

Scanning for the email address is more difficult.  But essentially I use IndexOf to find the location of the first '@' sign in the message.  Then split the message into words based on spaces. and take the word in front and behind the '@' sign.  Put that together and you get the first email address in the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,186)