cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver II
Resolver II

In which context does a child flow run?

Hi all,

I am still having trouble to understand which connection is used within a flow and who is actually running a flow. So maybe somebody could help me out.

Scenario:

• User "A" creates a flow with a trigger "manually flow button" which is called "my child flow"
  • "my child flow" has an action to send an email via outlook (send mail V2) which uses a connection of User "Service"
  • "my child flow" gets configured to use the connection of User "Service" in "Run only users"
  • "my child flow" gets multiple Owners assigned
  • User "A" creates a flow with trigger "PowerApps" which has an action to call the child flow mnetioned above
  • User "A" creates a PowerApp which calls the powerapp flow. This App gets shared with everyone within the organization.

If now User "B" opens the App and clicks a Button the flow which gets triggerd runs in the context of the current user. Thats clear. But the child flow runs in which context? User "A" who created the flow?

By context I mean to which Users "flow run counter" gets the execution added? I hope you know what I am trying to ask 🙂

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (5,499)