cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewGeddes
Level: Powered On

Include Flow Tasks in Reminder Emails

Hey folks,

We're working on a content review and lifecycle management Flow that is attached to a library in SharePoint. The approval parts of the process require reminders to the various actors to let them know they have outstanding tasks.

The issue - how do I include the actual action in the followup emails? It's not so helpful to remind someone they have to search their inbox, or go to Flow's approval center with process level titles - not document level. 

How do I include the approval task in the follow up emails going out?  Also, I seem to remember the ability to embed approval tasks (and others) in SharePoint lists for direct action from Ignite last year.  Was this implemented?  Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Include Flow Tasks in Reminder Emails

Hi @AndrewGeddes ,

As far as I know, we can only complete the approval request through Approval email/Flow app/Approval center. So you can only add the Approval center link to the reminder email and go to the Approval center to complete the approval.

Or add the details of the approval email in the Reminder mail so that Approver can search for the corresponding Approval email.

As for the "the ability to embed approval tasks (and others) in SharePoint lists for direct action from Ignite", it seems to be the content mentioned in this blog, please check it and see if it helps:

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Include Flow Tasks in Reminder Emails

Hi @AndrewGeddes ,

As far as I know, we can only complete the approval request through Approval email/Flow app/Approval center. So you can only add the Approval center link to the reminder email and go to the Approval center to complete the approval.

Or add the details of the approval email in the Reminder mail so that Approver can search for the corresponding Approval email.

As for the "the ability to embed approval tasks (and others) in SharePoint lists for direct action from Ignite", it seems to be the content mentioned in this blog, please check it and see if it helps:

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,062)