cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manc_Gurl Helper II
Helper II

Inheriting SharePoint Permissions HTTP

I'm successfully using Flow to break permission inheritance on documents within a library based on the status of a document.  This was working wonderfully when the status was set via the flow, the users now want to manually change the status.

"Status A" may mean that there are three permission groups that have different levels of access to a document, whereas "Status B "means that only two groups have different permission levels of access to the file and so on.  I am trying to keep my flow simple, so I'm wondering if there is a way to easily remove the unique permissions from the document so that I can recreate them based on the new status?  I've tried deleting the groups with http request, method Delete and getbyprincipalid but that only works if I know which groups currently have access to the document.  The flow fails if the group doesn't have any access. 

I'm thinking it would be easier to just re-inherit the permissions from the library and recreate them again but I can't find any information about inheriting permissions in a flow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manc_Gurl Helper II
Helper II

Re: Inheriting SharePoint Permissions HTTP

I think I figured it out, resetroleinheritance() seems to work.  Not sure if this is the best way though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Manc_Gurl Helper II
Helper II

Re: Inheriting SharePoint Permissions HTTP

I think I figured it out, resetroleinheritance() seems to work.  Not sure if this is the best way though.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,693)