cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TristanUTS

Insert and Update rows in Excel

G'day

I am having trouble trying to find a way to make Excel more dynamic. 

Here is the use case

I need to have all Planner tasks that are assigned to me available for my manager to quickly look at so they can see my current workload without having to dig through Planner itself.

What I wish to do is have all my tasks from Planner populate an Excel spreadsheet which will everyday dump what my tasks are.

The catch is I also need it to Update or at least delete the old information. so everyday I get a fresh dump of what is on my planner board without it doubling up in the spreadsheet.

I can create a macro to erase info from the spreadsheet every day or use Excel to hide information with a certain date stamp but that becomes difficult to manage and rather clunky.

This is the flow i have now which does not fully work as it fails when it comes to the Row ID im not sure how to set that field to get it to always look at all the rows and update all of them. All I can get so far is the dump of all my tasks over and over so they duplicate everytime the flow runs. I put the Current time in the flow as a way to work out when it was dumped so i can see which is a duplicate.

Excel Flow part 1Excel Flow part 1Excel Flow part 2Excel Flow part 2

Any advice or solution would be very welcome

Cheers

Tristan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TristanUTS,

If you want to update or delete the old information in the excel table will the tasks from Planner,you could delete the rows in the excel table firstly and then insert the tasks from Planner to the excel table, and the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TristanUTS,

If you want to update or delete the old information in the excel table will the tasks from Planner,you could delete the rows in the excel table firstly and then insert the tasks from Planner to the excel table, and the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

Thank you so much for your reply that got it working as I needed it to.

Cheers

Tristan

Hello Alice,

I did this (but listing all tasks in plan) and it was working great until I hit over 400 tasks in my plan. now it will only pull 400 tasks. Have you run into anything like this?

Cheers,

Shiann

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,306)