cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inserting data to the custom Entity in Common Data Service using flow

Hi All,

Is it possible to read the  CSV  file data, from One Drive and insert the data to the custom Entity in Common Data Service using flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rapothin
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

It seems not possible for now to directly get the rows of a CSV file (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Text-CSV-file-get-rows/idi-p/19494).

For me, you have 2 solutions:

• If you can save your CSV file to Excel format (xlsx), you will be able to get the rows (with the get rows action of the excel connector) and for each one of them create a record in your custom entity in the common data service
  • If you can't save your CSV file to Excel format (xlsx), you can try to split its content (with the split function). First, you separate each line, then for each line you separate each data. And for each line you get, you create a record in your custom entity in the common data service with the data you got

I hope this solution will help you.

Regards,
Raphael

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rapothin
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

It seems not possible for now to directly get the rows of a CSV file (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Text-CSV-file-get-rows/idi-p/19494).

For me, you have 2 solutions:

• If you can save your CSV file to Excel format (xlsx), you will be able to get the rows (with the get rows action of the excel connector) and for each one of them create a record in your custom entity in the common data service
  • If you can't save your CSV file to Excel format (xlsx), you can try to split its content (with the split function). First, you separate each line, then for each line you separate each data. And for each line you get, you create a record in your custom entity in the common data service with the data you got

I hope this solution will help you.

Regards,
Raphael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,831)