cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Joseph
Frequent Visitor

Integrating multiple excel actions with respect to Planner in Microsoft Flow

Hi,

Is it possible to have two Excel actions i,e Insert and Update in the same flow when working with Microsoft Planner?

Output: If a new task is created in the planner, I want the data to be inserted in excel. If the same task is updated in the planner, i want the data in excel to get updated.

I tried with two seperate flow and it worked fine. I'm not sure how to integrate both insert and update action in the same flow.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, 

For a planner only three types of triggers are available : 

When a new task is created 

When a task is assigned to me 

When a task is completed

When the task is updated using the update task trigger, you can update the excel row as follows:

floeplla.png

Thanks, 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi yashag2255,

Thank you for the solution.

But i have a problem here. Once the " task created " trigger inserts a row to excel, " Update a task " action does not update the row if i make changes in the planner after the insertion is successful.

I have to Re-submit the flow manually ( as highlighted in yellow ) and that is when the row is getting updated. But i want it to happen automatically without a manual re-submit.

Planner.PNG

Hi @Daniel_Joseph , 

I get the issue now. So as I mentioned in my previous response, at the moment flow has only 3 triggers for Planner and "When a Task is Updated" trigger is not one of them and therefore we cannot trigger the flow based on that. That is the reason you will have to run the flow manually everytime you update the planner.

We might have more triggers for planners in the near future but right now we will have to make use of the avilable ones only.  

Hope this Helps!

Thanks, 

Hi @Daniel_Joseph  ,

Currently, we don’t have a trigger for When a planner task is updated.

Here is one of the similar requests on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Add-trigger-when-a-Planner-task-is-updated/idi-p/2899...

PGs will take hot ideas into consideration first in future releases.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @yashag2255,

Sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,025)