cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amm-l
Frequent Visitor

Invalid Template Error- Condition field

Hello all,

I am encountering a problem with my flow that is only running halfway through but gets stuck at the "Condition" field with the following error message: 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '3381': 'The template language expression 'equals(body('Start_an_approval')?['response'], 'Approve')' cannot be evaluated because property 'response' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'

amml_1-1636060075255.jpeg

The condition formula is: 

@equals(body('Start_an_approval')?['response'], 'Approve')

amml_2-1636060192136.jpegamml_3-1636060209455.jpeg

The flow was running smoothly previously but when I edited it to align with additions I had made in the List for added functionality the error message popped up. This is what the "Start an approval" field directly before the "Condition" field looks like:

amml_0-1636060043148.png

The flow only runs halfway until the approvals, which are successfully sent to Teams and email, but subsequent actions don't run. 

amml_4-1636060695910.png

I have tried the commonly recommended 'Save As' fix, as well as exporting and re-importing the flow but to no avail. Any help on this (how to get the flow to run to completion) will be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amm-l
Frequent Visitor

The solution that worked in this case is to embed the rest of the actions into the "Apply to each" action, so that the flow looks like this: 

amml_0-1638479119636.png

as opposed to the template version where the condition is placed as a separate action, thus resulting in the error message.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Change the Condition so that it is checking the Outcome of the approval:

2021-11-04_22-05-10.png

Ellis

amm-l
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion Ellis. When I try changing the condition to 'Outcome' the option doesn't appear in the Dynamic content dropdown selection.

amml_0-1636479653983.png

No option from the "Start an approval" action appears. This is what shows up: 

amml_1-1636479763645.png

The Outcome can only be used after the Wait for an approval action:

2021-11-09_20-54-04.png

For your flow can you make use of the Start and wait for an approval action?

2021-11-09_20-56-36.png

Ellis

amm-l
Frequent Visitor

The solution that worked in this case is to embed the rest of the actions into the "Apply to each" action, so that the flow looks like this: 

amml_0-1638479119636.png

as opposed to the template version where the condition is placed as a separate action, thus resulting in the error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,434)