Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Inventory Management using SharePoint list and flows

Hello,

I am building a inventory management system for admin team to keep a track of assets. Some features needed are as below.

1. Cumulative sum of each asset

2. Inward. outward, balance item count. This should be cumulative for each item

3. Month end balance item inventory report

Has anyone achieved this using the list, flow? Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Santosh

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Inventory Management using SharePoint list and flows

@Santosh_M 

Most of what you mention here can be done with SharePoint lists, calculated columns and views in SharePoint and a little Power Automate.  You can configure this in a variety of ways.  For example, when I have built apps like this, I use one list for the inventory and a second list for transactions.  No user (other than admins) should update the inventory list directly - they make an entry in the transactions list.  Power Automate will then adjust the inventory list.  You'll need to pay attention to SharePoint permissions.  You might consider using Excel linked to the SharePoint list or Power BI for your reporting needs.

I suggest that you get started and post any questions you may have in this forum.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Inventory Management using SharePoint list and flows

Hi Scott, Thanks for the reply. Can you also share some examples if possible? I have done the ground work as suggested using the lists and permissions and views. I need help with cumulative numbers for each assets and also monthly reports. I havent used the PowerApps yet.

Thanks,

Santosh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,361)