cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is Response Action free to use in Power Automate?

In Power Automate we have the Response Action which has the Premium label with it.

1.png

Even though it is premium action, I am able to use it with the user who has a Power Automate Free license.

My user does not have any P1 or P2 license.

The user I am using is having below licenses.

1. Enterprise Mobility + Security E3
  2. Microsoft Power Automate Free
  3. Office 365 E3
  4. Power Bi (free)

The apps in the Admin center:

1. Flow Free
  2. Flow for Office 365

How is this possible? Is it something free trial?

Can someone please provide official details links on this topic?

Note: I am using this action to return JSON data from SharePoint to Power Apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Is Response Action free to use in Power Automate?

Hi @dpSoHo 

The licenses you mentioned do not include the premium connections (But I think it is the Flow free that includes a trial). You can download the licenses assigned to users and their current status from the admin center as shown in the screenshot below: 

cdf.PNG

To confirm the same, I would also recommend to check with support: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @dpSoHo 

The response action is a premium one and it cannot be used with the free license (or the one with M365 or O365). You might have been assigned a trial license or a premium license (maybe with D365) and you can check and confirm the same in the admin center. 

Can you also share a screenshot of the flow? In case you are just returning text to the app, you can use the respond to powerapps or flow action instead of the response action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@yashag2255  Thanks for the reply. I am returning the JSON object using this action. Also, I checked the admin center.

The user I am using is having below licenses.

1. Enterprise Mobility + Security E3
  2. Microsoft Power Automate Free
  3. Office 365 E3
  4. Power Bi (free)

The apps in the Admin center:

1. Flow Free
  2. Flow for Office 365

I do not see any trial license assigned to the user.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @dpSoHo 

The licenses you mentioned do not include the premium connections (But I think it is the Flow free that includes a trial). You can download the licenses assigned to users and their current status from the admin center as shown in the screenshot below: 

cdf.PNG

To confirm the same, I would also recommend to check with support: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @dpSoHo ,

You can use it in your account because you activated trial for one of the premium plans, It might be possible that you have created that trial before implementing this process, and currently it provides you this functionality in the free office 365 license.

However, if you will try with the fresh account it will surely ask you, from there you will be able to activate that free trial with just one click. (Find below Image for the same)

Dev_Nikhil_0-1594283485705.png

So, the final answer is No, its not a free action and it requires a license.

If it works for you please accept this as a solution so other community members will also get benefit of this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Patel

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,949)