cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLGross
Level 8

Is it possible to add a SharePoint managed metadata term with an action in Flow?

Can a Flow be used to add terms to Managed Metadata term sets n SharePoint Online?

Dean Gross

Office 365- MSCA
SharePoint - MCSE
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is it possible to add a SharePoint managed metadata term with an action in Flow?

Yes, check the following blog:

Read and write Managed Metadata in SharePoint lists, append to arrays, and a new connector

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
DLGross
Level 8

Re: Is it possible to add a SharePoint managed metadata term with an action in Flow?

Sorry, but that is not what i'm asking about. I'm asking about populating the actual Term sets in the Managed metadata service so that new values would available for use in SP Lists and other flows. 

Dean Gross

Office 365- MSCA
SharePoint - MCSE
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also interested to find out if this is possible.  We have a SharePoint list which stores projects and when a new item is added we want the project name to be added to the term store and available for tagging.  If anyone has achieved something similar in Flow I would love to hear about it!

Thanks

DMumbai
Level: Powered On

Have any of you guys figured it out to add a term to term store?  Thank you so much!

Super User
Super User

Sadly there is no support for the REST API when it comes to adding terms in the term store.

However you can create an Azure function that does it, call it directly from flow (HTTP action) or wrap it in a connector.

Kind regards

Serge Luca

Office 365 MVP

Flow MVP

aka Doctor Flow

@sergeluca

DMumbai

hi. thank you for your reply. Would be nice to have MS connector to exactly do this. 

I hope MS can come up with "no code" solution.

PleaseHelp

Hello there seems to be a problem with this functionality as only the first 20 items show up from the term store so you cannot update any metadata if the term store item is after the 20th item. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 372 members 6,537 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: