cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yemata
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to approve a flow from a SharePoint list column formatted as a button?

Is it possible to approve a flow from a SharePoint list column formatted as a button?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to approve a flow from a SharePoint list column formatted as a button?

@Yemata 

The short answer is no - there is no "out f the box" method of approving a line item in Flow - I am assuming that the approval has already started.  You could start an approval Flow from the button but there is no supported method of approving an individual line item when the approval is in process.

I believe that you can likely accomplish your goal by accessing CDS directly - the Approval engine uses CDS.  The issue with going down that path is that this is not supported and will require a premium license.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to approve a flow from a SharePoint list column formatted as a button?

@Yemata 

The short answer is no - there is no "out f the box" method of approving a line item in Flow - I am assuming that the approval has already started.  You could start an approval Flow from the button but there is no supported method of approving an individual line item when the approval is in process.

I believe that you can likely accomplish your goal by accessing CDS directly - the Approval engine uses CDS.  The issue with going down that path is that this is not supported and will require a premium license.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Yemata
Level: Powered On

@ScottShearer  Thank you Scoot,

I have a button in the list that trigers the flow , now my user wants approval from inside SharePoint list. I didint think that feature is available , I thought i might check. 

Thank you so much for the quick reply. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 196 members 6,262 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: