cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YKHSTW
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to modify the document by Approver and directly send to next action?

I created the 2 tier approval flow for company internal use as below steps;

1. Applicant create the document(word, excel file) and save into Teams(SharePoint) pre-approve folder.

2. Manager(1st Approver) receives approval request from Applicant on Outlook and Teams. (Approve / Reject).

3. Applicant receive Approval result from Manager on Outlook and Teams.

4. General Manager(2nd Approver) receive approval request from Applicant on Outlook and Teams. (Approve / Reject)

5. Applicant receive Approval result(final approval) from General Manager on Outlook and Teams.

6. When the application has approved by both Manager(1st Approver) and General Manager(2nd Approver), then the document automatically move and save to another approved folder(SharePoint).

Although this flow is working fine, I got another request from user;

The manager(1st approver) or general manager(2nd approver) may modify the document(word or excel file) opening through the approval request link and approve it directly. 

As I tested this request on the flow, it seems flow restart and manager or general manager re-receive another approval request(modified document), unable to directly approve and send to next action.  

Is there any idea this request can work smoothly??

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@YKHSTW  you can add condition in the flow to check if the document is modified by manager or general manager then flow skips the first approval and starts second approval. Though you need some user attributes to determine the user is manager or general manager, something like job title or designation could help.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,976)