cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAutomate3
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to remove duplicate lines in a string variable?

Hello

Is it possible to remove duplicate lines in a string variable? The content of the variable is a csv file.

I would prefer not to convert it to an array.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

I use the approach shown in this video.  Works well.

How to Parse a CSV in Microsoft Power Automate Super Fast, Free and Easy. - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Converting it to an array is the easiest way to do it.  You can convert it back after the duplicates are removed fairly easily too probably.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

PowerAutomate3
Helper I
Helper I

@mahoneypat  thanks what would be the most efficient way to convert a string or csv into array? I have seen online some processes like getting the headers, then separating the lines, then separating each comma separated value etc but it seems quite inefficient and I need this to run fast. Btw, I cannot use premium flows!

mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

I use the approach shown in this video.  Works well.

How to Parse a CSV in Microsoft Power Automate Super Fast, Free and Easy. - YouTube

Pat

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,716)