cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to trigger a flow based on a single field in a list changing?

I have a list that contains a column named Status.  If someone updates the status column an email should be sent.  Is it possible to trigger a flow based on the column value of a list being modified?  If not, would anyone have a suggested workaround? 

One thought that I had was to have a second column that would contain the status the last time the list item was updated.  My flow would be scheduled and would process only list items where the status column and the secondary status column did not match, meaning that the status had changed since the flows last run.  The flow would send the email and update the secondary status column to match the status column.  I was thinking about also creating a view containing only those list items whose status columns did not match so that the flow wouldn't go through the entire list each time it ran.  However, I'm struggling with how to look at only the items in a view using my flow.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Is it possible to trigger a flow based on a single field in a list changing?

@KMyers 

Yep, it is possible to trigger a flow when the status field is updated.

1. Create an automated flow with the trigger action as 'When an item is created or modified'

2. Click the '...' to open the menu and choose the settings. You are provided with the below form. Just update the 'Trigger Conditions' to run the flow when the status is equal to the specific value. In my case I had checked for the value as 'Pending'

image.png

3. You can use the above step or run the flow for each update or create and then check the condition inside the flow.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,256)