cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshaySolanki
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to trigger the flow with choice condition not restricted to any choice option in it?

Hi all,

I have a question where I am stuck.
So I need to trigger a power automate flow with trigger “Sharepoint item is modified” and a condition for a choice column
Now the choice column I want to add in the trigger condition is a lookup choice column for users so I don’t want to specify or restrict the condition with any particular choice options but instead I just want to trigger the flow when someone changes that choice column, regardless of choice it can trigger the flow.

Is it possible to trigger the flow with choice condition not restricted to any choice option in it?
Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@AkshaySolanki I think this can be done, did you try trigger condition ? please see this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS6pSAx-GY

Just check if this will work with lookup or specific to your scenario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Shujaath_Khan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AkshaySolanki 

I assume you're looking to process flow when something changes on choice column alone.

If user changes choice column value you get true as bool output which you can use for further processing.

shujaathkhan_0-1655034042621.png

shujaathkhan_1-1655034126851.png

detailed demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT6BpixFbHY 

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

I did use trigger conditions in lot of my flows but as I mention, I have to trigger a flow for a choice column update but not restricted to any specific choices as I have multiple of them so have to make sure, anytime a user updates the choice column, it has to trigger the flow

because I have other flows triggering for the same sharepoint list update, I need a specific trigger condition related to this scenario too.

Hi ,

Following tutorial from this youtube video you posted, I am getting the change properties but it is failing at Send HTTP request connector with an error message like "Input string was not in a correct format."

Even though I used the correct format from the video

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,377)