cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "When a HTTP request is received" trigger Premium or Not?

I was reading about Adaptive cards and got exited about a few potential use cases. I tested Adaptive cards in an email and created a flow to capture the results. When creating "instant from blank" flow, I get a list of possible triggers to be used. Among these are different HTTP triggers, such as "when HTTP request is received".  I used that for testing and stored results to a sharepoint list. When I was adding action for changing the card contents after response had been stored, I noticed that the response action is marked as "premium".

However, it seemed to be working for me. After looking more carefully I realized that the "when a HTTP request is received" is also Premium! Even though the initial set up was promoting that as a potential trigger to be used withouth any warning.

I have standard 365 subscription with E3 license, and I try to create solutions where I stay away from any premium connectors. As far as I can tell some of the premium connectors ask me to start a free trial to use them, so it seems that I don't have any free trial ongoing right now.

So what is the deal with these HTTP triggers? They are premium, but yet they work without a license? Is this an evil plan from MS to pormote the use of features that are actually Premium, so that once you have created something useful they can start charging? 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

The HTTP connector is considered Premium. You can still use it for now with a free license, but be aware that Microsoft is disabling this. I've seen various flows on different tenant being disabled because this connector was being used on a free license. The unlimited trial extension possibility will also be disabled in the near future.
So it's correct that it may still be working now, but it won't last forever unfortunately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

The HTTP connector is considered Premium. You can still use it for now with a free license, but be aware that Microsoft is disabling this. I've seen various flows on different tenant being disabled because this connector was being used on a free license. The unlimited trial extension possibility will also be disabled in the near future.
So it's correct that it may still be working now, but it won't last forever unfortunately.

View solution in original post

Thank you! I'll look into alternative approaches.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (5,380)