cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almecin
Frequent Visitor

Is there a limit to the amount of fields you can populate in a Word template

Hi all,

I have an action that populates my Word template based on the values returned by the form when users send it.

For some reason, not all the fields I created in my Word template appear, and I was wondering if there was a limit to the amount of fields you can have to populate a Word template.

Or maybe am I missing something ? My Word template is on my Sharepoint and I've checked more than once that it has the correct fields and all. I've tried refreshing multiple times, even deleting the action but those specific fields I'm missing never appear.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@almecin please check the limitations here 

1. The Microsoft Word (Business) connector doesn't currently support the following content controls:
    • Rich Text Content Control
    • Building Block Gallery Content Control
    • Date Picker Content Control
    • Check Box Content Control
    • Legacy form controls
  2. The generated document has a size limit of 10 MB.
  3. Nested image content controllers are not supported.
  4. New line characters will be rendered when "Allow carriage returns (multiple paragraphs)" setting is turned on in the content controller properties.
  5. Developer tab is not available on Word online.
  6. Template creation in Word for Mac is not supported.
  7. DisplayBarcode field codes are not supported for the Convert to PDF action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@almecin please check the limitations here 

1. The Microsoft Word (Business) connector doesn't currently support the following content controls:
    • Rich Text Content Control
    • Building Block Gallery Content Control
    • Date Picker Content Control
    • Check Box Content Control
    • Legacy form controls
  2. The generated document has a size limit of 10 MB.
  3. Nested image content controllers are not supported.
  4. New line characters will be rendered when "Allow carriage returns (multiple paragraphs)" setting is turned on in the content controller properties.
  5. Developer tab is not available on Word online.
  6. Template creation in Word for Mac is not supported.
  7. DisplayBarcode field codes are not supported for the Convert to PDF action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (52,454)