cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a limit to the amount of fields you can populate in a Word template

Hi all,

I have an action that populates my Word template based on the values returned by the form when users send it.

For some reason, not all the fields I created in my Word template appear, and I was wondering if there was a limit to the amount of fields you can have to populate a Word template.

Or maybe am I missing something ? My Word template is on my Sharepoint and I've checked more than once that it has the correct fields and all. I've tried refreshing multiple times, even deleting the action but those specific fields I'm missing never appear.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous please check the limitations here 

1. The Microsoft Word (Business) connector doesn't currently support the following content controls:
    • Rich Text Content Control
    • Building Block Gallery Content Control
    • Date Picker Content Control
    • Check Box Content Control
    • Legacy form controls
  2. The generated document has a size limit of 10 MB.
  3. Nested image content controllers are not supported.
  4. New line characters will be rendered when "Allow carriage returns (multiple paragraphs)" setting is turned on in the content controller properties.
  5. Developer tab is not available on Word online.
  6. Template creation in Word for Mac is not supported.
  7. DisplayBarcode field codes are not supported for the Convert to PDF action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous please check the limitations here 

1. The Microsoft Word (Business) connector doesn't currently support the following content controls:
    • Rich Text Content Control
    • Building Block Gallery Content Control
    • Date Picker Content Control
    • Check Box Content Control
    • Legacy form controls
  2. The generated document has a size limit of 10 MB.
  3. Nested image content controllers are not supported.
  4. New line characters will be rendered when "Allow carriage returns (multiple paragraphs)" setting is turned on in the content controller properties.
  5. Developer tab is not available on Word online.
  6. Template creation in Word for Mac is not supported.
  7. DisplayBarcode field codes are not supported for the Convert to PDF action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,639)