cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayyeshua
Frequent Visitor

Is there a more reliable option for flow triggers in an MS Teams group chat?

I've made an online flow that basically works as a 'dispenser' of document-tags to around 50 people in an MS Teams group chat, and it works just fine most of the time. I've setup the 'When keywords are mentioned' trigger so members of the said group chat can just say it followed by an option. i.e 'hey flow a', 'hey flow b', 'hey flow c', etc. whenever they want their set of documents.

hey flow.PNG

The problem is that the trigger doesn't always work or the response is delayed, it also seem to happen only for a certain set of users (sometimes it works for them too). Not sure what what's the problem here, and I've the tried the lots. Is the trigger my problem, and should I use something else? Or does it naturally not work as efficiently with that many requests?

ms teams.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sayyeshua ,

Actually it might be related with the trigger limitations /issues exposed in official documentation. Maybe you can reconsider the keywords used to trigger the flows.

gabibalaban_1-1651220387825.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/teams/#when-keywords-are-mentioned 

The keywords has to be comma separated.

gabibalaban_0-1651220185984.png

Regarding delayed trigger of the flow, please note that the trigger is for an automated cloud flow and this kind of flows are triggered based on queue and server load. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sayyeshua ,

Actually it might be related with the trigger limitations /issues exposed in official documentation. Maybe you can reconsider the keywords used to trigger the flows.

gabibalaban_1-1651220387825.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/teams/#when-keywords-are-mentioned 

The keywords has to be comma separated.

gabibalaban_0-1651220185984.png

Regarding delayed trigger of the flow, please note that the trigger is for an automated cloud flow and this kind of flows are triggered based on queue and server load. 

That could be it. I'll be testing these today. Thanks!

Update: just want to say thank you again. Now the whole thing runs like clockwork. Cheers! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,942)