cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to get the flow runs to load faster?

Hi,

I'm finding it extremely tedious working with the Power Automate flow maker interface whether editing flows and even more when reviewing flow runs (opening the actions and reviewing the data).

It takes extremely long to load up flows. Is there a way to enhance performance?

I've had this when my internet was fast and stable as well as when it wasn't.

If there are any suggestions I would appreciate to hear them.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Daniel

11 REPLIES 11
barret
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Are you sure it's not tied to your internet connection? I've never had a flow take longer than a second or two to load for editing, no matter how complex. It's the same with loading a historical run. How long is it actually taking for your flows and run histories to load?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @barret ,

Thanks for your response. I'm on a fibre connection. Here's my speedtest:

DanielRK_0-1649082209055.png

Is this too slow?

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @barret ,

It can take minutes for a flow run to load or for an action to open.

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barret , It's in the default environment. Could this have an impact?

barret
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That should be plenty fast, so it likely isn't a bandwidth issue. It might be a browser issue then, which can be difficult to pin down. I would try multiple browsers. Edge and Chrome generally work the best. Try each in incognito mode (or with any and all plugins disabled) to see if the load time is still minutes. 

If that's not it, it could potentially be some other process running on your machine that is intercepting internet content, like anti-malware/virus software.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I would try. But the performance you're seeing is not typical and I've not seen anyone else report that it takes minutes to load a flow.

barret
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Environment should not matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @barret ,

I've tried both Edge and chrome and get the same results. When I look at my task manager, it seems that Edge is high consumer of power and bandwidth:

I did see Windows defender running an antivirus service. Perhaps that is a contributing factor. Please see more below

DanielRK_0-1649083481665.png

I saw this in the flow maker when it was becoming slow:

DanielRK_2-1649083646467.png

I followed the steps it suggested by clearing out my browsing history for all time and it didn't help.

Maybe I should I uninstall Edge and reinstall it?

Thanks again for your time and help!

Regards,

Daniel

barret
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I'm guessing the local storage error is significant. I'm not sure what the Flow editor is doing under the hood, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's making extensive use of local storage from your browser. 

You might check your settings in Privacy settings for Chrome to ensure that:

• "Allow local data to be set" is checked
  • "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unchecked

Beyond that, I can't think of any other culprits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barret , It's mainly an issue because I'm trying to update a sharepoint action as I made a mistake in the ID field. When I removed the old 'ID' tag from another action and tried to insert dynamic content again I get this:

DanielRK_0-1649084011294.png

When I hover my mouse over it I get a tooltip that says 'Error loading component'.

I'll keep trying and will post back if I find the cause. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards,

Daniel

Babybots
Resolver I
Resolver I

Clearing your browsers cache weekly (or whenever it seems to be running slow) can greatly enhance the performance. If you've ever worked on a flow extensively, you've probably noticed that at a certain point the expressions will stop auto populating when you type. Clearing the cache will fix this as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @barret ,

I tried what you said and unfortunately still having the problem.

I realised that I had a few profiles set up in edge so I went through all of those and repeated the steps you said- Same result.

I'm trying to think what else could be causing it.

Edge has this collections feature that allows webclipping and I've made use of that.

I'm going to try move my collections into a onenote work book and remove them and see if this helps.

The last thing I'm going to try is to delete any unnecessary flows in my environment.

I'll let you know the results.

Regards,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,539)