cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Is there a way to grab the error returned by a Flow action as dynamic content so I can send it in an email?

I have a Flow that pulls data from an excel file and then attempts to import the fields individually from that file into a CDS record. The reason I do it individually is because the excel file and cds both have nearly 200 fields so it would be hard to tell which field caused the error if I just attempt to import all fields at once. Right now I do have a system that works through the use of multiple Flows. Each Flow will check for 10 fields, but of course this will make it so I'll end up with 20 Flows which doesn't sound the best to me.

So essentially the flow will attempt an 'Update a CDS record' action but for just one field and I catch if it fails and then store that into a another cds record for the other flows to use and they all basically add onto that "error" record and the final Flow will use that to email the failed/invalid fields.

But when the action to update a cds record does fail, it does return an error that specifies which field was invalid. If I could somehow grab hold of that in Flow in the form of dynamic content, I could just use that instead and it simplify things a lot.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,866)