cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Is there a way to update the Create On value for entity records in CDS?

I have a Flow that pulls data from an excel spreadsheet and then uses that to either update or create new entity records. I notice there is no option to set the 'Created On' which makes sense because that's meant to be set automatically based on when you created the record. I'm just wondering if there are any ways to set it in Flow? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is there a way to update the Create On value for entity records in CDS?

HI @Mgodby 

Indeed there's nothing like that. Power Automate doesn't allow for triggers on Excel, so there's no way to do it.

I recommend doing it on Excel itself by adding two columns and doing the formulas that take care of that. I found this article that may help you:

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2015/03/18/insert-dates-excel/

If you update something in Power Automate, then you can update the column yourself, but if the file is updated elsewhere, that's the only solution that I can see.

Hope this helps

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is there a way to update the Create On value for entity records in CDS?

HI @Mgodby 

Indeed there's nothing like that. Power Automate doesn't allow for triggers on Excel, so there's no way to do it.

I recommend doing it on Excel itself by adding two columns and doing the formulas that take care of that. I found this article that may help you:

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2015/03/18/insert-dates-excel/

If you update something in Power Automate, then you can update the column yourself, but if the file is updated elsewhere, that's the only solution that I can see.

Hope this helps

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,718)