cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Is there any way I can reduce the execution time for my flow?

Hi Community Members,

I am trying to build a flow where there are multiple actions and it takes on an average 5 minutes for the flow to execute successfully. I have this flow connected to a canvas app, which is getting timeout error message, but the flow keeps on executing and even though I am seeing an error in the Canvas App, the flow is executing till the end. This could create a confusion for the end users. Is there any way I can reduce the execution time for this flow?

Thanks in Advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there any way I can reduce the execution time for my flow?

Hi @Kpreeti1256 there are a number of things which can be done to improve the execution time that an automation takes, ranging from concurrency in loops through to parallel processing steps. If you can be more specific about what your automation does then we can offer more proactive advice.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Kpreeti1256 

There can be multiple ways to make the flow faster based on the structuring and scenario. From PowerApps view, there is a hard limit on the time that the flow should run and execute on to return the response (if you are using the respond to powerapps action at the end). You can try using the "response action" for this scenario and it will send the notification/ data when the flow run is completed. 

dde3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kpreeti1256 there are a number of things which can be done to improve the execution time that an automation takes, ranging from concurrency in loops through to parallel processing steps. If you can be more specific about what your automation does then we can offer more proactive advice.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Kpreeti1256 

There can be multiple ways to make the flow faster based on the structuring and scenario. From PowerApps view, there is a hard limit on the time that the flow should run and execute on to return the response (if you are using the respond to powerapps action at the end). You can try using the "response action" for this scenario and it will send the notification/ data when the flow run is completed. 

dde3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for looking into this. I ended up by adding the response action and parallel execution for certain repetitive steps and sending the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,562)