cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Is this a Flow bug that just started recently?

Ok so I was noticing this bug I had with flows where they would no longer run automatically, and would only trigger if I edited and saved them. I have a Flow from a few days ago that still triggers normally, but when I copy it and turn that copy on, the bug persists. This doesn't make any sense, they are exact copies yet one trigger normally and the other needs to be editted and saved for the trigger to run. Is this a recent bug and is anybody else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In my case they are older Flows, but in fact, yours could be an older Flow as well if you started from a Template.  Templates are a snapshot in time and use whatever triggers and actions are available when they were created.  If new versions of the triggers and actions are released the templates are usually not updated. So starting with a template can result in a Flow that uses old triggers and actions.  Which is what I think is happening in your case.

I'm sorry, I can't test it for you since I don't have a Project Online account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm not seeing issues with my Flows triggering, but I have seen similar behavior in the past when I copied Flows.  Depending on the trigger when I copied the Flow I frequently had to Edit the copy, remove the trigger and add a new trigger to get the Flow to run.  I suspect a lot of the triggers get generated as a single instance so when you copy them the duplicate won't work.

Highlighted

Are these old Flows or new? This issue has only started to occur for me today, the last few hours actually. I don't know if you'd mind testing it. But I created a template based on the "When a Project is created on Project Online" and it has the exact same bug. They will trigger, only if I click Edit and then Save which is something I've never come across. The old Flow from days ago still works. I will try to see if this is just that one trigger if all of them have been messed up.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In my case they are older Flows, but in fact, yours could be an older Flow as well if you started from a Template.  Templates are a snapshot in time and use whatever triggers and actions are available when they were created.  If new versions of the triggers and actions are released the templates are usually not updated. So starting with a template can result in a Flow that uses old triggers and actions.  Which is what I think is happening in your case.

I'm sorry, I can't test it for you since I don't have a Project Online account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I think you're right. I noticed that when I deleted the other Flows with the same initial trigger, things to started to work normally again. Thanks for bringing up connectors, I didn't think about the fact that they may be sharing the same old connectors. I'll try and create new connectors for the Flows and see what happens. But things seem to be working correctly now. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,982)