cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is this possible...?

I've created a customized list for tracking tasks. Because I cannot control permissions at the list level (in order to make some fields hidden to general users vs all fields being available to dept memebers), I've created a secondary list for request submissions.

The secondary list (Request Form) has fewer fields than the primary list (Request Tracking). I successfully created a workflow where the creation of an entry on the Request Form list automatically creates an entry on the Request Tracking list. However, there are a few other things I'm trying to do and cannot figure out how.

1. When an item is created on the Request Tracking form as the result of an entry from the Request Form, I would like for the Request Form item ID to be updated to match the Request Tracking item ID. This way, the IDs are the same on both lists.

2. When an item is updated on either list, I'd like the update to carry over to the item on the correlating list.

Is this possible through Workflow? And is there an easier way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? I have to way to create a customized form, which I think would be ideal. I want the users/requestors to be able to see certain details about their requests without being able to see (or alter if they see) other details.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Is this possible...?

Hi @MPR,

Could you please show a bit more about your Request Form list and Request Tracking list? Are they SharePoint list?

Do you want to update item ID of SharePoint list within Microsoft Flow?

For your first need, there is no way to update item ID of Request Form list (SharePoint list) in Microsoft Flow currently, because the item ID is generated by SharePoint automatically when an item is created in it.

For your second need, do your two SharePoint lists have a same unique field except item ID to identify one record uniquely? If no, I afraid that there is no way to get synchronization update between Request Form list and Request Tracking list in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you have a same unique field to identify one record uniquely between two lists, you could take a try with following workaround to get synchronization update between Request Form list and Request Tracking list:9.jpg

10.jpg

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Is this possible...?

@v-xida-msft

Thank you, Kris.

Yes, both lists are SharePoint lists but neither have unique identifiers. I'm currently researching ways to auto-generate unique IDs (I'm a novice) so that I can synchronize updates between the two lists. Once I figure that out, I will give your suggestion a try.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,381)