cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
quandahood
Level: Powered On

Is what I am trying to do in Sharepoint even feasibile to do with flows?

Hello-  I am new to Sharepoint 365 but have used Sharepoint in the past.  Getting used to Flows and I have a few items that I want to flow but have spent the last few days trying, searching for solutions when honestly, not even sure the things I want to do are feasible.  Could some one more knowledgable than me give me an idea if the things I want to do are possible?  At least that will tell me if I should even continue working on them.

1.  When a document is added to a document libary, have an new item created in an existing list with the name of the document?

2.  When an item in a list has a filed that can toggle yes/no - and is toggled to yes, it can create a copy of a set of folders to a specific location based on other fields in the list.  For example if the item is in group A - the folders need to be copied into document library A, if the item is in group B - the folders need to be copied into document library B, etc.

2a.  I need the copied set of folders created to have the same title name as in the list.

3.  Is it possible to take a field from an excel spreadsheet that is submitted to a document libary and update a list field with that information where the title and folder name are the same?

Any insight is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Is what I am trying to do in Sharepoint even feasibile to do with flows?

Hi @quandahood ,

1. For your first scenario:

Capture10.PNG

2. For your second scenario:

I setted a Yes/no column named 'Test' in the list, the 'Title' column is the based column.

However you can only copy one folder each time.

You also can't rename the folder name.

Capture11.PNG

3. For your last scenario:

You can use the 'Get a row' action to get the data from a specific row in excel table.

Capture12.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@quandahood 

Hi there!  Welcome...Let's get started:

1. Yes, use the Sharepoint connector and look for the trigger, "When a file is created in a folder".  The action will probably be something like "Add an item to a list" or something.  Check the documentation on the link.
  2. This one is a bit tricky (I think) - You can use the trigger "When an item is created or modified", but you'll probably want to also use a parameter to limit the columns (if that's possible).  It probably also wouldn't be a bad idea to add a column to indicate if the files have already been copied, to keep the files from re-copying every time the field is modified.  There are actions to copy files and folders, I don't know if it can have the same name, but I'm sure that's covered.
  3. I think this one depends on things like, "Will it always be the same spreadsheet?", "Same fields?"...and so on.  Give us a little more detail, but the short version is 'probably'. 😉

The theme, though, is "Yes, absolutely keep working on them."  That's how we learn, right?  "Try. Fail. Learn. Repeat."

We can get more detailed if you want...but poke around first.  My bet is that you'll sort it out pretty quick.

Keep us posted.

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @quandahood ,

1. For your first scenario:

Capture10.PNG

2. For your second scenario:

I setted a Yes/no column named 'Test' in the list, the 'Title' column is the based column.

However you can only copy one folder each time.

You also can't rename the folder name.

Capture11.PNG

3. For your last scenario:

You can use the 'Get a row' action to get the data from a specific row in excel table.

Capture12.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,848)