cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krfajar
Level: Powered On

Issue: Edit item from get item previous in different list

Hi,

I have issue. I am have flow, with used two SharePoint List different.

List 1 used for requestor, list 2 used for approval.

Scenario: 

1. Requestor add item in list 1, after completing the add item the send email notification to requestor if item has been sent to approver

2. Approver 1 receive a notification email if a request has been sent for checking and approval. Approver 1 edit item and to do approve/reject on drop down field:

field approve.pngApprove/Reject field

and then approver 1 Assign To person next approver 2

assign to.pngAsisgn To field

After approver 1 to be approved on that item, approver 2 receive a notification email, approver 2 edit item again, and then to do choose approver/reject field and choose Asisgn To person next approver 3. And so on, up to 5 approver stage.

Please check my flow:

flow.pngmy flow: approver 1

But what confused me with my flow is when Approver 1 was approved and the next approver was Approver 2. Before Approver 2 choose the approve/reject option, the current condition was automatically approved before Approver 2 choose approve/reject option.

My flow with condition Approver 2:

flow.pngCondition 2: for approver 2

The condition that I want for condition approver 2:

my flow I get data from the previous item when it has been approved from approver 1 not from get item from list 1, is it like that?

So? How what is the best suggestion for making flow for condition 2 for approval flow in approver 2?

Thanks for advice..

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issue: Edit item from get item previous in different list

Hi @krfajar,

Could you please add a Compose action before the Approver 2 choose the approve/reject option, to input the approve/reject into the compose action? You can check the approve/reject field whether changed after approver 1 approved.

Otherwise, you can screenshot only Condition 2 to make the picture clearer. I can only see the general structure of the Flow but not the details. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,941)