cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kritika
Frequent Visitor

Issue - Get File Content Action - OneDrive For Business

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in using 'OneDrive for Business - Get File Content' action in Power Automate.

On trying to read the content of the file with size greater than 500 MB, the action faults with following Error Message :

The file contains 538.608 megabytes which exceeds the maximum 500 megabytes

Is there any limitation on the size of the file OneDrive Action can process ? If not, kindly help me with your valuable suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Kritika for all Flow connectors and services, the file size limits for uploading & downloading content is 50 MB to 100 MB, and the timeout for uploading & downloading is 90 [s]. Neither of the values are configurable today.

Doc Link Limitation - Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps ! 

If this resolves your issue please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please suggest if there is any way to overcome this limitation. My requirement is to download files from OneDrive for Business to local file system. 

To achieve this, I used 'Get File Content' action of OneDrive and passed the output of this action to 'Create File' action of File System. 

However, the size of the file can even be in GB, which cannot be allowed by OneDrive actions as per the limitations mentioned by you.

Thanks,

Kritika

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Kritika Let Me check for a work around will let you know accordingly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,571)