cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harpreet_Tohra
Frequent Visitor

Issue in inserting variable data from power apps to power automate (inside sharepoint column having html content)

Hello..

I am working on a project where I have to send automatic mail on a button click. I have built a app using power apps where I have a mail button which allows me to trigger the automatic mail send flow. Along with this I have a sharepoint list which contains the mail template content in html format as shown below: 

Untitled1.png

And my flow looks like:

Untitled.png

In this flow, I have connected my flow to powerapps's mail button and getting the items from sharepoint list and intializing a variable that has functionallity to take input from the power apps (Ask from powerapps) and send mail to the person. But the problem that I am facing is I want to insert/use the variable from powerapps inside sharepoint list column which is "Mail Subject" (Sharepoint column). I want to insert variable data from powerapps to Mail Subject as "Brand: var_from_powerapps, Title: var_from_powerapps, Booking Number: var_from_powerapps "

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

3 REPLIES 3
Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Harpreet_Tohra 

Hi,

Instead of using SharePoint column for subject. you can Directly use a variable in Power automate.

Since you want to take the variable information from power apps. you can initialize the variable with below input

Brand: "ask_from_powerapps", Title: "ask_from_powerapps", Booking Number: "ask_from_powerapps"

and then pass this input to the mail subject. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you

But I also want to add some variable information from powerapps into my mail content looks like this 

Untitled.png

 As you can see I want to add variables information from powerapps into my table {{Was Booking}}, {{Is travel7}},.......and so on.

I am trying to send Mail content column (Having html code ) from sharepoint list an using this column in my automate flow to send mail.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

 How can I take the input variable from power apps and put that information inside the html code in power automate (from sharepoint)?

Suchitra1996
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Instead of using SharePoint List, I would suggest you to use the html code directly in you "Send an email" action body. That way you can embed the input variables from PowerApps.

In the Send and email action, there is a code "Code View" icon (highlighted below)

Suchitra1996_1-1615879759866.png

and you can directly write the html code 

Suchitra1996_0-1615879743736.png

If ever you need to change the template, you can edit the template within the body of this action instead of going to the sharepoint list column values.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (37,010)