cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Issue with Creating files in SharePoint Library from Base64 saved as item in List

Like it is described in the subject, I am collecting file content as base64 in string from.

The file content in base64 is collected from an app created with PowerApps, and saved in a SharePoint list.

I have made a flow that was meant to create files in a SharePoint Library from the collected base64.

캡처4.JPG

This flow creates files up to certain numbers and returns the following error message.

(The number of files created varies when making slight changes in the flow but usually around 39~41. I have around 90 items in the list that was supposed to be transformed in files.)

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '2229': 'The template language function 'base64ToBinary' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be decoded from base64 representation.'.

캡처2.JPG

I have no clue what the error message means. It seems like the flow sort of works but stops at a certain point for some reason.

It would be great to have a help on this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Issue with Creating files in SharePoint Library from Base64 saved as item in List

Hi @hbkim 

As per the error message, the problem is with the base64 content and not with the action. Can you capture the listitem id of the item which failed and try to use the base64 string and use some c# console to create the file. Also, make sure all the base64 content are valid.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,685)