cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Power Apps connected Document Library/Sharepoint List recognizing all available columns to use in a new Lookup column

I have created a Power Apps Flow that uploads documents to a Document Library in Sharepoint. This Flow tags multiple metadata fields, but I care specifically for 3 of those fields to be used in a new Sharepoint List I am attempting to create. These columns/fields I care for are:

1) Project Name (text column)

2) Project ID (text column)

3) Document Type (choice column)

I want to create a new Sharepoint list to track when a new file gets uploaded into the Document Library using that existing Power Apps Flow, and then perform some sort of Lookup function or even conditional formatting to track what TYPE of document was uploaded. My hope is to create another Flow that automatically pastes the new document info (its Project Name, Project ID, and the Document Type) from the Document Library into the new Sharepoint list as its first three columns. After that pasting of information, the new Sharepoint list will contain its own specific columns like "Environmental Permitting document", "Energy Yield Analysis document", "Independent Engineer document," etc and when a new file gets uploaded the cells would show a check mark or green fill color (whatever makes sense) based on what type of document was uploaded. Its possible that one project would have multiple versions of the same document type so I need to allow for multiple selections. I think formatting these columns as Lookup columns is the way to go, however I am unable to select the Document Library column "Document Type" as a choice to look up. There are even a handful of more columns which are not available as Lookup column options, and my Document Library settings is already set to allow for searches. Any suggestions on any pieces to this problem? 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,569)