cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoterDrache92
Advocate III
Advocate III

Issue with creating approval flow for email and One Drive

Currently, all users can share their data everywhere through OneDrive and email. I want to apply the approval process when users send data outside the organization.

1) Email: when the user sends an email more than 10 MB to the outside of the organization it should go for approval to his manager and once approved its send to the outsider.

2) OneDrive: whenever users send files, folders, or links from OneDrive to out of the organization it should go for approval to his manager once approve OneDrive files, folder or link will be sent to the outsider.

I think it is impossible to create a flow for above requirements as there is no trigger for Outlook " when an email is created"

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem with the email would be that you would need an individual flow for each user's mailbox.  So even if you could create one its not practical.  

For the OneDrive sharing, there is no trigger that fires when a sharing link is created.  So I don't see any way to intercept that either.

Data Loss Prevention Policies (DLP) in the Security and Compliance center would be the best way to address this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello Pstork1,

That means it is impossible to do these requirement as we mentioned, correct? What do you mean with Data Loss Prevention Policies (DLP)? For my understanding, these policies can be used to control connections.

Yes, that means its impossible to achieve your requirements using Power Automate.

DLP policies can be used to identify "Sensitive Information" and then set policies about what can be done with it. Approvals is not one of the of options, but you can block sharing and then allow an override for a stated business purpose.  Then you can Audit those overrides to review the stated business purpose and contact the person involved. This depends on having a governance policy that people understand about what should and should not be shared externally.  But right now that's about the only way to do it.  But this will work for OneDrive and Exchange.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,230)