cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalemB
Frequent Visitor

Issue with recurrence trigger and any date compose

Hello, I cannot use a date formula in a Data Operations - Compose action. I tried to use the formula convertTimeZone(triggerBody()?['ReservedUntil'],'UTC','Romance Standard Time','yyyy-MM-dd') but when I try the flow I am getting an error message like InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action.

I tried with a different trigger type (Sharepoint for example) and the same formula in a Data Operations - Compose works fine.

recurrence.PNG

ReservedUntil is a field in a SharePoint list. I need the formula above because without the timezone conversion, I cannot make the date field equal to today's date. 

Is anyone have any idea to circumvent this problem please? If you need more information to understand my problem, please tell me.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Issue with recurrence trigger and any date compose

Hi @SalemB , thank you for your post.

I tested your expression using utcNow() and it's working for me.

What may be helpful is to use the "Convert time zone" action.

Please see below:Capture-360.png

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

SalemB
Frequent Visitor

Hello Alan, thank you for your answer. I tried your proposal but it gives me the same kind of error messageconv1.PNGconv.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hi @SalemB .

Unfortunately I am unable to translate the error.

Where I would start is expanding the successful run on:Capture-365.png

If you post the JSON Output it may be the case the format of the date and time relating to "triggerBody()?['ReservedUntil']"

It may be that this needs formating before it can be converted.

Some useful links for you in the mean time:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-date-and-time-format-strings

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#c...

I will get another look once you reply with the output and date format of ['ReservedUntil'].

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,953)