cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues deleting flow owners.

Hey guys, i've noticed a slight issue with ownership of flows. Having made a number of workflows i'm now transferring flows from my account to a dedicated workflow account. I've noticed that when i add an owner to a workflow thats been running for some time i'm able to remove myself from the ownership list (from the new workflow account) however, when i create a copy of a flow and then add another account to the ownership i'm unable to remove myself from the owners list (the rubbish bin is greyed out).. very odd.

Its probably worth adding, the reason i'm creating a copy of a flow and then migrating the copy is that there are instances of the flow still running. I got into a mess recently where I broke connections and remade them in another account. when this is done and there are flows running, they'll all eventually fail due to credential issues (obvious after the event!)

Anyone else having issues deleting owners?

@Eddierthomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Deleting owners...

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think the creator could be deleted currently.

Which is documented in the blog below:

Announcing the Preview of Team Flows

"

If you no longer want someone else to be an owner of the flow, it's easy to remove them. Simply click on the delete icon in the list of owners and confirm the removal of the user. Note that today, you can not remove the original creator of a flow.

"

If you would like this to be added, please consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think the creator could be deleted currently.

Which is documented in the blog below:

Announcing the Preview of Team Flows

"

If you no longer want someone else to be an owner of the flow, it's easy to remove them. Simply click on the delete icon in the list of owners and confirm the removal of the user. Note that today, you can not remove the original creator of a flow.

"

If you would like this to be added, please consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

What happens if the original owner leaves the company and we remove them from AD, will the other owners still have access to the flow?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've the same question. If I create a flow with additional owners and I leave the company will the flow continue to run?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

We haven't tested it yet, but the docs say that the task will remain attached to the other owners.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I did contact Microsoft and the orginal owners can't be removed. Microsofts best practice is to create the workflows, export them, then import them to a service account, which requires someone logging into the service account to import the Flows. Once that is done the service account can add the additional owners who will be able to edit the flow. If that user leaves the org, the Service Account can remove owners.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,370)