cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues deleting flow owners.

Hey guys, i've noticed a slight issue with ownership of flows. Having made a number of workflows i'm now transferring flows from my account to a dedicated workflow account. I've noticed that when i add an owner to a workflow thats been running for some time i'm able to remove myself from the ownership list (from the new workflow account) however, when i create a copy of a flow and then add another account to the ownership i'm unable to remove myself from the owners list (the rubbish bin is greyed out).. very odd.

Its probably worth adding, the reason i'm creating a copy of a flow and then migrating the copy is that there are instances of the flow still running. I got into a mess recently where I broke connections and remade them in another account. when this is done and there are flows running, they'll all eventually fail due to credential issues (obvious after the event!)

Anyone else having issues deleting owners?

@Eddierthomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Deleting owners...

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think the creator could be deleted currently.

Which is documented in the blog below:

Announcing the Preview of Team Flows

"

If you no longer want someone else to be an owner of the flow, it's easy to remove them. Simply click on the delete icon in the list of owners and confirm the removal of the user. Note that today, you can not remove the original creator of a flow.

"

If you would like this to be added, please consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think the creator could be deleted currently.

Which is documented in the blog below:

Announcing the Preview of Team Flows

"

If you no longer want someone else to be an owner of the flow, it's easy to remove them. Simply click on the delete icon in the list of owners and confirm the removal of the user. Note that today, you can not remove the original creator of a flow.

"

If you would like this to be added, please consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
v-jeffos
Level: Powered On

What happens if the original owner leaves the company and we remove them from AD, will the other owners still have access to the flow?

digidot

I've the same question. If I create a flow with additional owners and I leave the company will the flow continue to run?

v-jeffos

We haven't tested it yet, but the docs say that the task will remain attached to the other owners.

digidot

I did contact Microsoft and the orginal owners can't be removed. Microsofts best practice is to create the workflows, export them, then import them to a service account, which requires someone logging into the service account to import the Flows. Once that is done the service account can add the additional owners who will be able to edit the flow. If that user leaves the org, the Service Account can remove owners.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,381)