cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oyster
Frequent Visitor

Issues with HTTP Request Parameters

OK, so i have been using the Microsoft Graph API here to setup notifications from outlook. This requires my endpoint to receive an initial validation response and send the validation token back. it sends this validation all tucked into the url like this:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
POST https://{notificationUrl}?validationToken={opaqueTokenCreatedByMicrosoftGraph}

So i set my flow to receive this like this:
FlowSetup.png

This has worked once. But now all i get for the validation token is "{validationToken}" instead of the actual value like in this log:
FlowLog.png

As far as i can tell i have not changed the trigger at all, but is there something i'm missing with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oyster
Frequent Visitor

Ok, i figured this one out on my own. I figured out what was going on by building the flow in Azure Logic flows, since i could peak at the code. Basically, the {validationToken} in the above screenshots is reflecting this value:

triggerOutputs()['relativePath']['validationToken']

I needed to change it to this on the response step:

triggerOutputs()['queries']['validationToken']

I'm not sure how i missed that, but flow does not help at all, since it can only suggest the wrong parameter, and this one has to be entered manually.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Oyster
Frequent Visitor

Ok, i figured this one out on my own. I figured out what was going on by building the flow in Azure Logic flows, since i could peak at the code. Basically, the {validationToken} in the above screenshots is reflecting this value:

triggerOutputs()['relativePath']['validationToken']

I needed to change it to this on the response step:

triggerOutputs()['queries']['validationToken']

I'm not sure how i missed that, but flow does not help at all, since it can only suggest the wrong parameter, and this one has to be entered manually.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,740)