cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielC
Regular Visitor

Item link breaks when flow moves it between folders

Hello fellow Power Automate users,

I am trying to implement Power Automate for the first time in order to create a less time consuming approval flow for invoice approvals.

I've got to the point where I have it working but I'm having trouble with the links to documents becoming invalid when moved from "Invoices" to "Approved invoices". The links in the expired approval prompts on Teams and Outlook both break as they are looking at where the file originally sat. The link is also invalid in the Approvals history.

Does anyone know a way to make the link change or redirect to the files new location so it can be viewed after the flow is completed without having to navigate to the file itself.

Many thanks,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @DanielC 

It's not possible to "redirect" the URL, although that would be awesome. When a file is moved, a new URL is generated.

If the move is done inside the Flow, you could probably try to do it before the approval and then generate new share URLs. There are actions for that, but aside from that I'm not seeing an easy way for you to do that.

Any other workaround will force you to manage links and it will be quite hard to maintain. 

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

DanielC
Regular Visitor

Hi Manuel,

Many thanks for your reply, it's a shame it's not possible but it's not too bad that I can't have that function. It would have just been quite convenient.

Kind regards,

Daniel

manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @DanielC 

You're welcome.

It's incredibly useful, so if you could submit it in the ideas section, probably Microsoft could implement it.

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (26,291)