cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackywei_BDF
Super User
Super User

Items are nested at level '9' which exceeds the maximum nesting limit of '8'. How to solve this issue in power automate?

Hi  all:

I met a error as "items are nested at level '9' which exceeds the maximum nesting limit of '8'." in power automate flow.

Would you please tell me how to solve this issue in details?

Thank you very much in advance:)

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jackywei_BDF,

That means you probably have a lot of nested condition actions in your current flow setup 😁. The limit for nesting is 8. 

You can solve this by either combining conditions. Use expressions instead of condition actions. Or even use child flows to break down the logic.

Can you share your current flow setup? This way we can probably give you some pointers to reduce the number of nesting levels.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Hi:

Yes, here you are.

I need to filter table and find user's manager ,it is manager level1;

if his manager is not in list, then i will filter table to find his manager's manager;

if it is not in the table, i iwll filter table to find third level manager.

After i get his mananger, i will send approval to him first, then i will send approval to specific person for second approval, them i will send third approval to someone.

So you will get picture for filter condition as following. Once i get manager , i will send three level approvals for this branch,  but if i don't find out , i will filter table to find manager's manager, .......

Jackywei_BDF_0-1635520066890.png

At the end , if i can't find anything from table for three level ,i will send error email to tell  user to contact HR.

So it means  i have four branch flows totally and each branch  i have three level approvals

condition.JPG

Do you understand my question now?

Would you please fix this issue for me?

Thank you very much in advance:)

jkb6011
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Jackywei_BDF Have the same problem.. Could you weigh in?

jkb6011
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm going to try and replace my conditions with a switch function.

https://sharepointmaven.com/3-ways-to-build-multiple-conditions-in-microsoft-flow/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,656)