cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeninParaguay

JPGs not triggering message when a student turns in an Assignment in Microsoft Teams

I'm very new to Power Automate, but I'm trying to create a Flow that sends me a message when a student turns in an Assignment.

It's trigged by "When a files is created (properties only)" in the Student Submitted Work folder in Sharepoint, but when a student uploads a JPG image, the flow isn't activated. Word documents and PDFs do trigger the Flow.

This is how I currently have it set up (any suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated).

FlownotworkingforJPGs.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Power Automate Trigger 'When a file is created (properties only)' triggers(works fine) when I upload a file with .JPG file extension.

Untitled.png

Can you please check if there is condition for the ''When a file is created (properties only)' trigger in the 'Settings 'screenshot below'

Untitled.png

I checked and there are no trigger conditions activated.

When I do a test run and choose "I'll trigger the action" and then upload a jpg into the folder, it sends me a message. But when a student does the action from Teams, it doesn't work.

Inkednotworking_LI.jpg
The student who uploaded a JPG at 03:43 only has two runs (the creation of the folders corresponding to the assignment and the version), whereas the students who uploaded PDFS (2:10 and 3:07) have three runs (two corresponding to the folders that are automatically created, and one to the document which met the condition and triggered the message)

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,653)