Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

JSON Flow Issue

Hey Guys,

I am working on creating a column in a SharePoint List that includes JSON code into the column design. It is basically a clickable link that connects to my workflow using the workflow's ID. When I click the "Click here to Delete," it starts my workflow with no issues, but the workflow continues to fail with the following error. I have a simple Manual Trigger with a Send email action. I keep getting this error. Any help is much appreciated. I have tried using various connectors, but the workflow continues to fail.
image1.jpg

image3.jpg

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "elmType": "span",
  "style": {
    "color": "#0078d7"
  },
  "children": [
    {
      "elmType": "span",
      "attributes": {
        "iconName": "Flow"
      }
    },
    {
      "elmType": "button",
      "style": {
        "border": "none",
        "background-color": "transparent",        
"color": "#d70019",
        "cursor": "pointer"
      },
      "txtContent": "Click Here To Delete",
      "customRowAction": {
        "action": "executeFlow",
        "actionParams": "{\"id\": \"2a330326-7d33-4dde-b956-af26e57906ba\"}"
      }
    }
  ]
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: JSON Flow Issue

Hey @joe904 

I have usually seen these types of errors on flows (specifically in PowerApps) where you add actions to the flow after adding the flow to a control. Can you try removing the json from the column in SP, save the flow and add it back there and check if you continue to face the same issue? 

You can also try to check the trigger: when an HTTP request is received (this one is a premium one though)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hey @joe904 

Detailed guidance on this error here: https://blog.encodian.com/2019/09/fix-the-invalidtemplate-unable-to-process-template-language-expres...

The quick summary fix: export your Flow and then re-import it

That said... looking at your screen shot it looks like you might not actually have a valid connection, try the above first and if you still have an issue manually add another connection to the 'Send Email' action

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the response. I exported the workflow and then re-added it to my flows. I am still getting an error message. I had to manually add the connection when I exported the workflow back to my flows.

image6.jpg

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Have you tried manually adding a new connection to the failing Send an Email action?
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I deleted the workflow and then again exported it back to my account. I closed all of my browsers after I deleted the flow and as I re-added the flow I deleted my Outlook credentials and then I re-added them. Still getting this error unfortunately. 

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email_(V2)' inputs at line '1' and column '2096': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'X-MS-APIM-Tokens' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Connection, Accept, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Host, Referer, User-Agent, origin, sec-fetch-site, sec-fetch-mode, Content-Length, Content-Type'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @joe904 

I have usually seen these types of errors on flows (specifically in PowerApps) where you add actions to the flow after adding the flow to a control. Can you try removing the json from the column in SP, save the flow and add it back there and check if you continue to face the same issue? 

You can also try to check the trigger: when an HTTP request is received (this one is a premium one though)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks so much for the feedback. It turned out to be the trigger that was causing the issue. I used the HTTP trigger and that fixed the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,253)