Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Join Two HTML Outputs

Hi Community 

I have two HTML tables created in a flow and would like to join the outputs side by side is this possible? 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Kmayes 

In short, yes it is possible - but it also depends on exactly what you mean by join the output side by side! Please clarify what you mean?

Do you want the two HTML tables to be side by side in an HTML page? In a PDF?

Or do you want to merge the HTML tables into one?

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

Hi@JohnAageAnderse 

Sorry I should have been more specific. I want to join the HTML tables side by side in an email

Highlighted

Hello @Kmayes 

The easiest way would then to add a table in your email body with two columns and one row - giving two cells.

In each cell add the respective HTML tables. Would that work for you?

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

Hi @JohnAageAnderse 

Is it possible for you to show how i would go about doing this as i cant see an option to do this in the e-mail itself?

Highlighted

Hello @Kmayes 

In the Send an email action, I use the code <> option to do it 🙂

TwoTablesInEmail.JPG

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

Hi @JohnAageAnderse 

This works to a degree however they are not actually joined as such, also because some of the tables may have more entries than another they are not aligned which doesn't look to good

1.JPG

Highlighted

Hello @Kmayes 

This was just an example of how it could be done. You can now add styling to get the tables inside the outer table aligned vertically.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse 

I'm not sure how this would be done to be honest? Is it possible to write an expression to join the tables? I'm likely to have more to append to it once i finish the full flow

Highlighted

Hello @Kmayes 

In the outer table, modify the <td> elements to <td style="vertical-align:top"> that will align your inner tables at the top.

Do you have more tables to add beside the others? Or ???

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse 

This aligns the tables better is it possible to get rid of the space between? Yes, potentially I may have about half a dozen.  I have noticed though using this solution any other dynamic content I have in the e-mail will now not work

1.JPG

Highlighted

Hello @Kmayes 

I am not sure about this (haven't tried it out), but try to first enter all the information in the email, without the tables.

When done, use the code <> option to enter into the code - and in there, locate a place between all the other code for you to insert the tables.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse 

What I did was put the code into a compose action rather than direct into the e-mail then apply the compose to the e-mail 🙂

I've been trying to code in to make the outer border white do you happen to know how to apply this, I have attempted to add table style but think i may have the wrong coding?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,916)