cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep Email Content After Approval

Hello,

Had a quick question regarding Approval emails. I send managers an Approval request after a SharePoint item is created. After they approve it, the link to the item disappears and this is the only thing shown is Approved or Rejected.

We have some managers that would like to refer to the link later. Is there a way to get the link to the item to stick around? I know I can refer them to their Approval history in Flow, or I suppose I could send a second email post-approval, but anything I can do to make it easier for users will increase adoption of new policy.

Thanks!

Chad
image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You have no control over most aspects of the approval email and cannot retain the link afterwards. 

You ideas about sending them to the Approvals center or sending follow-up emails with the link are about your only options.  My opinion is to send them to the Approvals center.

One additional idea might be to write all of the approval results to a SharePoint list.  You could create a view Grouped by Approver or a view that filters on [me].  You can include a link in the list.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You have no control over most aspects of the approval email and cannot retain the link afterwards. 

You ideas about sending them to the Approvals center or sending follow-up emails with the link are about your only options.  My opinion is to send them to the Approvals center.

One additional idea might be to write all of the approval results to a SharePoint list.  You could create a view Grouped by Approver or a view that filters on [me].  You can include a link in the list.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I feared after some cursory searching. Just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the speedy response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,268)