Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solstice
Advocate I
Advocate I

Large Excel Tables write out

Hi, 

I have a problem that we hope there is an answer to or a development in progress.

We have a issue where we write out items to an excel table, using the "Add row to table" feature from the excel online connector, in a for each loop. 

The issue comes when items for this table start creeping up to 3000 - 4000 items and the API's just get exhausted and time is exponentially more insane with 2500 items almost taking 3 hours to write out.

Does anyone know of a quicker way to write out to excel file (table) such as a blob type style write-out vs having to go row by row?

We know from the read-in of the table is fast using the "list rows in table" action, where it grabs all at once, but looking for a way to write out all at once.

2 REPLIES 2
sumurthy
Microsoft
Microsoft

Have you tried using Office Scripts? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/develop/power-automate-integration

The key would be to pass the data as a delimited string (not as an array) so that PA doesn't run the script one per row. 

On the script side, you can just parse it into array and use the table addRows API to insert rows. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/javascript/api/office-scripts/excelscript/excelscript.table?view=of... 

The script should just take few seconds to complete. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,253)