cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Latitude/Longitude Accuracy

I've built a simple button flow to capture a few pieces of info from the mobile user, and then passes that data and the latitude/longitude of the mobile device to a SP list. Later on, PowerBI plots the positions on a Bing map on dashboard view. I have an issue with the accuracy of the latitude & longitude coordinates and wonder if anyone else has experienced this and knows a remedy.

A quick view of the PowerBi Map:

BCLS776_0-1609986682126.png

These dots represent data points that are all supposed to be within 20-30 meters of one another. The map instead indicates they are several kilometers apart. I understand perfectly that the GNSS readings from a mobile device aren't much better than 10m accuracy, so why would they be spread over such a large area? Is there something about Power Automate that degrades accuracy? I have seen the same behavior with both iOS and Android mobile devices.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,684)