Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amik
Advocate II
Advocate II

Launch Outlook using MailTo via Microsoft Flow/Power Automate

Hi everyone,

I have integrated a Power App onto a Power BI Report. The Power App has a button which launches in Outlook.  It currently does not seem possible to launch Outlook from Integrated PowerApp Tile in Power BI (via Launch( "mailto:" ) ).

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Issue-Launching-Outlook-from-Integrated-Powe...

Does anyone know how I can launch Outlook using MailTo by triggering a Flow instead?

best regards,

Ami

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

Try this :

on select of button - Launch("mailto:jiniv@abc.com?cc=xyz@abc.com&subject=Open mail from PowerApps&body=mybody %0D%0A this is second line")

jinivthakkar_0-1610541923841.png

jinivthakkar_2-1610541997161.png

Thanks @jinivthakkar but the problem is not related to launching Outlook from Power Apps - the problem is that the Launch function for opening Outlook from a Power App works in Power Apps Studio, but does not if the Power App is embedded in a Power BI report. This is why I am asking if it is possible to use Flow/Automate instead to trigger Outlook to launch.

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@imranamikhan sorry my bad, but as you said even I don't think it is possible to use Flow/Automate istead of trigger Outlook to launch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,927)