cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leaving my org, will my flows work?

Hi everyone,

I am leaving my current job soon and I am worried that the Flows I created will cease to work due to the connections - is this a chance?

I have shared all the Flows with my team, adding them as 'Owners'. When I click 'Manage connections' my website just times out so I can't see what that does.

Is there anything I need to do? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hello Lebene,

Your Flows should work and as you have added other users asr owners it allows others to edit, update and delete this flow. 

Also eveyone who is listed as an owner will have access to all the connections and will only be able to use\manage them in the Flow. i.e When you remove an owner whose credentials are used to access Power Automate services, you should update the credentials for those connections so that the flow will continue to run properly. More information: Modify a connection

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hello Lebene,

Your Flows should work and as you have added other users asr owners it allows others to edit, update and delete this flow. 

Also eveyone who is listed as an owner will have access to all the connections and will only be able to use\manage them in the Flow. i.e When you remove an owner whose credentials are used to access Power Automate services, you should update the credentials for those connections so that the flow will continue to run properly. More information: Modify a connection

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi CFernandes, thanks so much - so when I 'add connection' - since my organisation is SSO and needs authentication, they need to go and add them themselves as a connection themselves? And if I leave and none of them does so, this is the only scenario the Flow would stop working.

I can't even use our shared inbox as our org rules have turned off the ability to log in with those, although I'm asking just in case as it's so inconvenient.

@Anonymous I assume the co-owner should be able to manage your Flow -

CFernandes_0-1618931376915.png

The best practice would be to use a Service account rather an a user account for the Connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, the manage connection link doesn't work but I can do it via Edit.

Yes, I wanted to use something similar like our shared inbox but that doesn't work either. I will ask if we have a Service account or not, as it's a big org and it makes the flexibility on org-wide rules tighter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,654)