cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Licensing - What happens when a license is cancelled/ expired?

Hello all,

I'm working on building a Power Automate for a seasonal business, who will only need the flow 6 months out of the year. Our plan is to buy a per-user power automate license for the 6 months each year when the flow will be used. What happens when that subscription is cancelled and it expires? Will the flow still be there when the beginning of the next season comes or will I need to recreate the flow? Do I need to deactivate the flow at the end of the season?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Licensing - What happens when a license is cancelled/ expired?

Hi @JoeIaquintoTW_U 

When the license expires, I believe the flow will be gone as well (after a grace period). This means you will lose all the previous run history as well. You can export the flow and keep it as a zip package and import it again when you have an active license. For more clarity and details on the grace period and confirmation, I would recommend you to confirm the same with support as well (https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Licensing - What happens when a license is cancelled/ expired?

Hi @JoeIaquintoTW_U 

When the license expires, I believe the flow will be gone as well (after a grace period). This means you will lose all the previous run history as well. You can export the flow and keep it as a zip package and import it again when you have an active license. For more clarity and details on the grace period and confirmation, I would recommend you to confirm the same with support as well (https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (9,865)