cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankitjoshi8518

Licensing confusion using Microsoft Power Automate with business basic license

Hello community this is my first post. I have tried to add all the possible details.
Currently we have business basic licenses (no power automate per user or per flow or capacity-add on license) and I am the one responsible to Drive adoption for power automate.

We are not using any power apps.

I have created around 8 to 10 flows with the individual users account itself and adding myself as an additional owner. So all the flows are using under those individual users account.

The flows include 2 to 3 approvals based on SharePoint file creation, looking for a row in excel online based on specific keywords in the subject of an email, saving emails with specific keywords to SharePoint etc. nothing complicated.

I have checked Microsoft documentation and found that every user in 365 plan get 2000 monthly API calls for free. Flows typically runs 8-10 times in a day so this shouldn’t be a bottleneck. I was thinking that the free plan should be more than enough for our needs.

Honestly I found the power automate admin Center just before few days and encountered that I am exceeding file storage capacity.

I opened a case with Microsoft support but they informed me to free up the file storage capacity using dynamics 365 portal. For me it did not show any data so Microsoft support executive informed me that the admin centre is showing incorrect data.

I am still worried because admin center throws a message: "You are exceeding the files today is capacity certain environments can be affected"

capacity usage details are provided below.

ankitjoshi8518_0-1618300225780.png

Following are my questions:
1) How Do i know which files are taking up the 855.14 MB? can I delete those without impacting the actual sharepoint files?
2) How do I forecast the storage capacity? 
3) checked the capacity add-on on Microsoft 365 product page, but it mentions to add only 10k API calls. How about the file storage?

I have checked Microsoft documentation and Power Automate licensing document but it is still not clear.
Requesting help from the experts to understand all the details about the capacity in Power Automate.

3 REPLIES 3
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

Hello 

to address your questions related to file storage Microsoft team will be able to address which table taking the storage 

also to add more api for flow currently we are working to release add on capacity for API that get assign to user that exceeding API calls and that increase user ability   to create more flows or resolve issue with exsiting flow that that goes over the limit 

curranty to increase power automate API limit you have to use one of the following license 

Power automate per user plan 

or power automate per flow plan

Hope this help

Dear Kierian,

Thanks for Standard microsoft response. I am not looking to add more API capacity. Read my question again to understand that my Question is related to file storage capacity. License add-ons are available only to increase API limits, not the file capacity.

ankitjoshi8518

I have last hopes on Power Platform community.

Can anyone help on on where to find this information?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,009)