cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Limit CDS List Records columns/attributes returned - Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 10"

I have created some flows in my Dynamics 365 sandbox environment which I am now moving to Production. The flows which include a CDS List Records action for my Opportunity entity are now failing due to the error below:

"Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 10"

These flows run works fine in the sandbox environment. It would be really nice to get the same error in the sandbox environment, so you could plan for this.

Is it possible somehow to limit the query to only return a certain set of columns/attributes? E.g. so that the calculated columns are not included in the query?
8 REPLIES 8
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @NielsL ,

It seems you want to get some certain columns from CDS.

I suggest you use the 'Select' action to get the certain columns.

Using the 'Filter array' to filter the records.

Capture5.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhos-msft,

Thanks for the input. I'll try to test that somehow. It's just a bit diffucult since the limitation regarding calculated fields only is in the Production environment.  

Frequent Visitor

Wouldn't your flow fail already in "List records" step? I can't see how the "Select" action can help, you need to filter before the data is retrieved. I am also looking for a way to add "select" attribute to a query, can't believe it is not there in "List records" action. If you figured it out, please post the answer here.

Regards

Did we ever solve this one?

I am struggling with the same scenario where I want to limit what columns my List records brings back. I am getting the same error - Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 50. - even if I fetch only 1 record.

The increased limit helped me.

You can use the new(ish) common data service connector (current environment) instead of the old one.

There you can use FetchXML to define the filters and which columns that are returned.

You need to create the flow in solution to use the new CDS connector.

Many thanks for the quick reply, NielsL.

Any chance you could paste a screenshot?
I'm already using Cureent but not in a solution. Not sure if that's the new or the old connector.
I also cant see a way to fetch only specific columns:(.

Many thanks,
-DD

Have a look at this blog post which explain the differences between the two connectors:

https://saralagerquist.com/2019/12/15/cds-vs-cds-what-connector-should-i-use-in-power-automate/

I had slightly different requirements but your instruction helped a lot. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (28,305)