cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit columns by view - documentation needs to be clearer, requires view UUID not view name

In my flow I have a situation where I could be querying one of two document libraries for the document properties, and as a result I need to branch out - the library name being queried is a variable, and in one of the libraries I need to limit the columns by view, and the other I don't, so this needs to be a variable too.

The documentation for the Microsoft SharePoint connector is vague and silent on what the "Limit columns by view" parameter requires - just says it's a string, and when you use the gooey editor it shows the view name (even when you are tracing a successful flow run).

In actual fact this parameter requires a view UUID, it will NOT work with a view name - even if that's what it shows it is passing when you view the successful run.  I had to "edit" the SharePoint view to find the UUID, translate this using URL decode, and insert this into the flow as the parameter instead.

If you are passing the value of "Limit columns by view" as a parameter rather than a static value from the dropdown list, be sure to use the UUID (enclosed in {}) or it will fail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your sharing and I believe many people would benifit from the sharing.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your sharing and I believe many people would benifit from the sharing.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for sharing. Could I have a related question? We use sharepoint on premise and I have a gateway set up to access the data. But because I use a gateway, I have no choice in Limit Columns by View where I should select Use all columns (do not limit). What should I type in to select all columns?

Luke92_0-1603710436754.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,321)