cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Limited actions in flow, using child flows

I am creating a approval flow that exceeds the amount of actions one can use on just one flow, so I heard about the parent child relationship flow which I've tried. I created the parent and child flows in the same solution folder but whenever I try to run a child flow in the parent flow the flow doesn't appear. I'm not sure if it has something to do with how I created the child flow. The thing is that I'm still struggling to understand how the child flow works even from reading the guidelines. Especially how I'm supposed to use the push button trigger to start it off as how would that work with the flow I'm trying to create.

The flow I'm creating is a approval request flow and there are 4 stages that need approval so the final flow in question which is G4 is for the Finance department who approves the entries. (which is the child flow I'm trying to create)

Just reading the guidelines there are three triggers that are used for the child flow, so I'm not sure which would be suited for the flow I initially had in mind.

Below Image 1 shows the parent flow, approval request goes from G1-G3

Screenshot (211).png

Image 2 is the Child flow created for G4

Screenshot (209).png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,205)